About New Ireland Pensions
New Ireland is one of the oldest & most established pension providers. They’ve been in business since 1918, and offer pensions solutions to individuals, small business owners, and large organisations.
Across their investment business, they offer over 100 funds, and their market leading Prime range has been designed to offer a cost-effective passive fund with real growth potential. New Ireland also offers a competitive AVC plan, to allow members of company schemes with fixed contributions to grow their retirement funds.
Benefits of New Ireland Pensions
- Get tax relief on your pension contributions.
- Standard rate tax payer: monthly contribution of €100 will only cost you €80 after 20% tax relief. Saving you €20.00 every month.
- Higher rate tax payer: monthly contribution of €100 will only cost you €60 after 40% tax relief. Saving you €40.00 every month.
- Wide range of investment options.
- Increase or decrease your contributions at any stage.
- Stop contributions and restart at a later date.
- Contributions start from €100.00 per a month.
- Make one off annual contributions.
Start Your New Ireland Pension
Contact us to start planning
Our qualified financial advisors will talk to you about your current financial situation, your future financial plans and what income you’ll need in retirement.
We’ll complete an attitude to risk assessment with you, to help you choose funds, and will make a recommendation on what New Ireland pension product and fund would suit your life circumstances.
Your Pension Is Setup
Once we’ve answered all your questions and you’ve made your choice on what pension you want, we’ll do all the paperwork to get your New Ireland pension opened.
All you’ll have to do is provide us with your information, and digitally sign the application forms. Greenway works fully online, saving you time and complications in getting your New Ireland pension set up and started.
Your Pension Is Running
New Ireland pensions can all be viewed through a secure online portal. Here, you can make changes to your New Ireland pension and monitor the growth of your fund.
If you need any help, or advice on making changes we’re here to answer your questions and provide advice.
We’ll contact you once a year to see how you are and if you have any questions.
What is a pension?
A pension is an investment fund in which a pension member makes contributions during their lifetime. The goal is to save money in the long run and then use that money as income after retirement.
How do pensions grow?
This gives your fund a great chance to beat the low rates of deposit interest, and reduce the effect of inflation on your pension.
You have full control of the level of risk of your fund. Normally the higher the risk level of the fund the higher the growth. However higher levels of risk mean you’ll have greater volatility meaning your investment may lose money as well.
Growing your Pension - Income Tax Relief
When you’re saving and building your pension fund through monthly contributions or annual contributions you save on income tax. This makes a pension the best value long-term savings product.
- 35 years old earning €35,000 per year.
- Contributing €200 gross every month into a pension.
- After tax reliefs this only costs €161 per month.
- Saving €40 on every contribution (20% saving).
- 45 years old earning €50,000 per year.
- Contributing €200 gross every month into a pension.
- After tax reliefs this only costs €118 per month.
- Saving €78 on every contribution (39% saving).
- 55 years old earning €50,000 per year.
- Contributing €300 gross every month into a pension.
- After tax reliefs this only costs €180 per month.
- Saving €120 on every contribution (40% saving).
Growing your Pension - Tax Free Growth
Your fund grows tax-free until you take your pension benefits. This is the only kind of investment account that can do this.
On Retirement - Tax Free Lump Sum
When you retire, you can take a tax-free lump sum of up to 25% of your fund.
You then decide to invest the remaining funds in an Approved Retirement Fund (ARF) or an Annuity.
On retirement - ARF or Annuity?
When you retire you need to decide what to do with your pension fund.
You can take the money from the fund, but you will have to pay income tax on anything above the 25% tax-free lump sum amount. This will remove all the good you did in building your fund in the first place!
Luckily there are 2 other options available to you.
Option 1: Approved Retirement Fund (ARF)
An ARF is a post-retirement investment fund. The goal of the fund is to continue to grow the money you invest in the ARF. Like pensions, there is no tax on the growth of the fund.
You can access your funds in a flexible manner and many people with ARFs withdraw the growth gained in the calendar year leaving the balance to grow again the next year.
You do pay income tax, USC and PRSI (if applicable) on any withdrawals from your ARF.
Option 2: Annuity.
An Annuity is a regular income for the rest of your life. It provides a guaranteed income for your retirement. It is a lifetime income attached to one person. Annuities can be a good option for those who want a guaranteed income, but be careful when exploring how these are inherited by spouses.
New Ireland provides a number of great personal pension options. If you want to find out more about New Ireland’s flexible pensions contact us today. Self-employed or employed people can opt for a Personal Pension or a PRSA (Personal Retirement Savings Account). New Ireland’s pensions are a great option that gives you control, flexibility and choice in how to grow your pension and plan for your retirement.
If you are running a business and need help on setting up company pension plans we’re here to help. Pensions are tax efficient ways of helping ensure your employees are financially secure in retirement. Our team will guide you and your employees through the process of setting up their pensions and will guide your payroll department in how to process payments.
About Greenway Pensions
At Greenway, we bring together our knowledge, experience and efficiency to our customers. We’ll help you find the right path or products, and even better, you’ll know why, and how to use it.
Our financial advice is tailored to each individual needs and situation. Our goal is to help our customers reach financial independence and better their lifestyles.
Most importantly, your policy or plan should fit your life, and your financial advisor should fit into your lifestyle.
We build long term relationships with our customers. As your life circumstances change we will be there to advise you about changing and adjusting your policies.
- Warning: Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance.
- Warning: This product may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
- Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
- Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest.
- Warning: If you invest in this product you will not have access to your money until you retire.